How to make hurling even better.
2018 was a sensational year for hurling. The round robin system has been a great success and teams are guaranteed at least four championship games. Here are a few suggestions to make hurling even better.
- Eliminate the League and replace it with a league/ championship. Groups of five as this year but they play each other twice- home and away. Start the campaign in March and play two games per month. The other two weeks per month are for clubs only.
- Play Provincial championships as standalone competitions in July.
- Give two points for sideline cuts.
- Give a bonus point for winning by ten points or more and a losing bonus point if you lose by three points or less. Give three points for a win.
- Bring back ground hurling and ban the rucks – not sure how but they are an eyesore.