Balla Ball is a winter activity for hurlers that is suitable for all ages and is a fun way of improving hurling skills.
· Wall – indoor or outdoor
· 3 targets- 10, 20 and 30 points
· Distance markers from wall
· Sliothar/Tennis ball/Rubber ball
- Improving striking/hand passing/catching
- Perfect accuracy of striking/hand passing/balance/foot movement
- Increase reaction time/recovery/flexibility
- Improve ball control/co-ordination
- Targets would be 2, 2.5 and 3 feet in diameter.
- Target of 2 feet would carry 30 points- bottom left – 1 foot above ground
- Target of 2.5 feet would carry 20 points – top right corner
- Target of 3 feet would carry 10 points- centre [ black spot of crossbar]
- The ball must be played behind a line 25 feet from the front wall.
2010 FODH BALLA BALL COMPETITION
- The Friends of Dublin Hurling are delighted to sponsor this competition.
- For 2010 there will be 2 categories- u 14 and adult.
- Clubs are asked to run their own competitions to find the winners who will go forward to the regional finals.
- Internal club competitions should be completed by February 22nd 2010.
· Each player has 1 minute to win as many points as possible by hitting hitting the ball at each of the 3 targets in rotation.
· Each player will get 5 opportunities. The cumulative total of the best 3 attempts will count.
· A timekeeper and 2 referees will count the scores. The referees decisions are final.
Dublin North Naomh Mearnóg/ Na Fianna
Dublin South Kilmacud Crokes
Dublin West Lucan Sarsfields, Commercials
Dublin Central Clanna Gael Fontenoy
- The regional finals will take place on or before Saturday March 6th 2010.
- Each player will use the special balls supplied for the competitions.
· The County Finals will take place on Saturday March 13th 2010.
· 2 clubs from each region will go through to the County Finals.
· The u-14 champion will receive a Balla Ball trophy and a sports voucher worth €100.
· The adult champion will receive a Balla Ball trophy and a sports voucher worth €200.
To purchase targets and special balls call Tom O’Donnell at 087 9783735