Dublin 3-19 Galway 0 – 24
What a night, what a game. This was an outstanding performance by the whole team including the management. Mattie and his team used the bench well and had the players in tip top shape. I viewed the game from the terrace at the Craobh Chiaran end. In the first few minutes Alan Nolan gave a crunching tackle on an incoming Galway forward and prevented a certain goal. I knew then that this team were up for it. I have many wonderful memories of the win.
- Alan Nolan’s tackle
- Alan Nolan’s point from 120+ yards in the last few minutes to equalise again
- Right half back Chris Crummey being in the Galway square to earn a penalty and then to get the clinching goal a few minutes from the end.
- Oisin O’Rorkes immaculate free taking.
- The wonderful support from the terraces
- The presence of hundreds of young fans
- The fans singing ‘come on ye boys in blue’.
- Eamonn Dillon causing havoc in the Galway defence with his strong running and his early goal.
- Dublin now have a three week break and then will play the winners of the Joe McDonagh final between Westmeath and Laois. If successful there they will meet the 3rd team in Munster. So Dublin will be hurling in July which is wonderful.Hard luck on our minors who got beaten by Wexford in the Leinster semi-final. They were nine points down at half time and came back to three points but ran out of time.Well done to our senior camogie team who had a good start to their campaign defeating Meath by 1-16 to 0-12. They now head for Waterford next weekend. A great weekend and more to come.